Kennet Valley Thoroughbreds (KVT) is a pioneer of professional racehorse syndication management in the UK. We manage single horse, mainly flat racing partnerships with 16 shares at an initial cost from £5,800.
Founded in 1988 by Nick Robinson we have had regular success over many years with a select number of horses, sending out over 188 winners and well over £4.7 million in prize money, including winners at Royal Ascot and Glorious Goodwood. In 2013 the business was restructured with Sam Hoskins, Luke Lillingston and Piers Winkworth acquiring it. This dynamic young team will go the extra mile to reach the winners enclosure at the biggest meetings and give partners the best possible experience.
In 2023 we have around 15 horses running in our colours, highlighted by Royal Ascot winning and recent Group 2 winner Sir Busker. The likes Dual Identity and Equality will aid the charge from the older horses and we have a super bunch of unexposed three-year-olds and five exciting juveniles in our squad.
We aim to provide our discerning partners with a taste of the thrill of racehorse ownership, success on the track and the opportunity to socialise… all at an affordable cost.
What we offer
- Partners own a direct proportion of each horse and receive their share of all prize money and proceeds when the horse is sold
- One horse per partnership
- We manage the horses and the partnerships for a fee – eliminating the day-to-day admin of horse ownership
- Partners receive two owners badges when their horse runs – we organise all ticketing
- We host racedays and serve champagne, win or lose
- Annual Yearling Parade and Lunch (October)
- Viewing of yearlings at pre-training yard before they head to trainers and Christmas lunch
- Spring trainers yard mornings, pub lunches and regular stable visits throughout the season
- Regular email news, entries, declarations, results and updates on all KVT horses
- Ad hoc events such as visits to studs and Tour of Palace House Museum.
- Horses may be sold at the end of their three-year-old season, thus partners commitments are not open ended
- Picnics at Royal Ascot and Glorious Goodwood
- A KVT Team atmosphere supporting all our runners
Owning a racehorse is an exciting venture and we seek to provide a personal and tailored service for all our partners. Joining a partnership can provide a forum for old school/university/London flat sharing/office friends to maintain contact after they inevitably disperse. It can also suit those near or at retirement, perhaps returning from abroad, who want a new activity to share with their spouse.