Kennet Valley Thoroughbreds (KVT) is a pioneer of professional racehorse syndication management in the UK. We manage single horse, flat racing partnerships with 16 shares at an initial cost of between £7,250 to £9,350 per share.
Founded in 1988 by Nick Robinson we have had regular success over many years with a small, select number of horses, sending out in total 160 winners and over £3.9 million in prize money. Since 2013 the business was restructured with Sam Hoskins, Luke Lillingston, and father and son, Peter and Piers Winkworth acquiring it. This dynamic young team will go the extra mile to reach the winners enclosure at the biggest meetings and give partners the best possible experience.
We have recently launched our 2020 syndicates and we will have yearlings in training with Andrew Balding, Charlie Hills, Mark Johnston, William Knight and new to our roster Ed Walker.
We aim to provide our discerning partners with a taste of the thrill of racehorse ownership, success on the track and the opportunity to socialise… all at an affordable cost.
What we offer
- Partners own a direct proportion of each horse and receive their share of all prize money and proceeds when the horse is sold
- One horse per partnership
- We manage the horses and the partnerships for a fee – eliminating the day-to-day admin of horse ownership
- Partners receive two owners badges when their horse runs – we organise all ticketing
- We host racedays and serve champagne, win or lose
- Annual Yearling Parades and Lunch (October)
- Viewing of yearlings at pre-training yard before they head to trainers and Christmas lunch
- Spring trainers yard mornings and lunch and regular visits throughout the season
- Regular email news, entries, declarations, results and updates on all KVT horses
- Mid-season printed newsletter
- Ad hoc events such as visits to studs, Tour of Palace House Museum and Breakfast With The Stars
- Horses are typically sold at the end of their three-year-old season, thus partners commitments are not open ended
- Picnics at Royal Ascot and Glorious Goodwood
- A KVT Team atmosphere supporting all our runners
Owning a racehorse is an exciting prospect and we seek to provide a personal and tailored service for all our partners. Joining a partnership can provide a forum for old school/university/London flat sharing/office friends to maintain contact after they inevitably disperse. It can also suit those near or at retirement, perhaps returning from abroad, who want a new activity to share with their spouse.